In case you wondered what I have been up to most recently:
- photo projects: new photo book, photo shootings (for training purposes and contests), new equipment (tripod, foldable reflectors, remote release, foldable light box (small tent with changeable backgrounds, dunno exact term in English)) and more training with my Nikon, also portraits training and experiments with colors and light reflections (sequins, powder, hologram foil,...)
- visits to the zoo, search for locations for future photo sessions
- more dabbling with astro-photography though very very basic just yet
- a crazy (no other word for it
) amount of shifts at work (I guess I have 5 off days in December and one of them is Christmas Eve and doesn't really count cos it's an obligatory holiday)
- extra-assignments translationwise (which is a welcome distraction but can fuel procrastinating when clashing with other workload...ahem)
- taking care of my health (back problems were getting worrisome), losing weight and paying more attention to how I look (not to sound shallow but sometimes, you have to play to your strengths instead of not being bothered at all by looks and fashion)
- trying to get out and about more often, spending time with friends and family
well, that's ist, mostly...
So, I will be posting the results of my most recent sessions and experiments within the next days to come. And I know I still haven't acquired all the tech skills or gear I would wish for. But I have a good feeling and am aware of my benefits and shortcomings.